What if I told you there was a way you could eat chocolate for breakfast every morning? Now you can! If you’re a chocolate addict like me, you’re constantly looking for new and interesting ways to incorporate chocolate into your daily diet.
If you haven’t read my post about the health benefits of cacao, check it out now! I detail all the reasons why organic raw cacao (chocolate in its purest form) is one of the best things you can put into your body. With that said, today were going to explore another awesome food: oatmeal! I’m also going to give you a great recipe that takes oatmeal from ordinary to extraordinary for today’s Transformation Tuesday.
Benefits of Eating Oatmeal
No longer is oatmeal a food for your grandmother. Check out one of my favorite blogs and her tribute to oatmeal! If you’re still not a fan of oatmeal, here are a few reasons to rethink that thought:
- Oatmeal is a blank canvas–Call yourself Picasso when it comes to oatmeal. Many people aren’t huge fans of oatmeal because of its plain nature. But I say use oatmeal’s plain flavor profile to get creative and experiment.Eat oatmeal with cinnamon and sugar, fruit, topped with greek yogurt, or peanut butter and jelly. The possibilities are endless.
- Oatmeal is a high in fiber–Surely you’ve heard this before. You know about the importance of eating a diet high in fiber. But do you know why? Fiber is a miracle food that promotes heart health, lowers cholesterol, improves digestion, helps maintain even blood sugar, and keeps you at a healthy weight to name a few! When you need a food that will stick with you all day, try oatmeal!
- Oatmeal is mineral rich–if you purchase organic oats, you’ll reap tons of mineral benefits! Organic oats are grown in much healthier soil that’s free of herbicides and pesticides, allowing the soil to have a much higher mineral content. Purchase organic oats to get a higher concentration of magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, and even some B vitamins.
- Oatmeal isn’t just for breakfast–Don’t limit to yourself to only eating oatmeal in the mornings. Oatmeal makes a great snack in between meals or when you’re on the go. When traveling, I almost always have a packet of instant plain organic oatmeal in my bag. It’s relatively easy to find hot water, fruit, and few nuts to make a perfect and balanced meal.
An Oatmeal for Chocoholics
What better way to start the day than with chocolate? The following recipe is a super simple and can be made even on the busiest of mornings:
Instant Organic Raw Cacao Powder Oatmeal
1/2 cup quick organic oats
1 cup water
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder (more or less depending on your taste)
1 Tsp stevia (or sweetner of your choice)
1 tsp walnuts and dark chocolate chips (for garnish).
1.Combine oatmeal and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, periodically stirring. Microwave until the oatmeal has a solidified, but not dry texture.
2. Stir in raw cacao powder and stevia. Top with walnuts and chocolate chips.
This oatmeal literally takes five minutes to make. A wholesome bowl of goodness, eat this and you’ll have the energy to tackle the day no matter what obstacles you face. I hope everyone enjoys this. And I want you to show me your best oatmeal creations! Hashtag “weretalkingaboutfood” on Instragram/Twitter and let me see what you’ve made!